India Post launches Five Star Villages Scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes. The Department of Posts has launched a scheme called Five Star Villages, to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country. This scheme was launched by the Union Minister of State for Communications, Shri Sanjay Dhotre.
The scheme seeks to bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages.
All postal products and services will be made available and marketed and publicized at village level, under the Five Star Villages scheme. Branch offices will function as one-stop shop to cater all post office – related needs of villagers.
The schemes covered under the Five Star scheme include:
- Savings Bank accounts, Recurrent Deposit Accounts, NSC / KVP certificates
- Sukanya Samridhi Accounts/ PPF Accounts
- Funded Post Office Savings Account linked India Post Payments Bank Accounts
- Postal Life Insurance Policy/Rural Postal Life Insurance Policy and
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Account / Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Account.
If a village attains universal coverage for four schemes from the above list, then that village gets four-star status; if a village completes three schemes, then that village get three-star status and so on.
About India Post:
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Communications
- Headquarters: New Delhi
1) India Post has tied up with which organization to deliver COVID-19 testing kits to around 200 labs? – ICMR
2) National Postal Worker Day Celebrated on which date? – July 1
3) National Postal Week celebrated on – October 9 to 15
4) CEO of India Post Payment Bank – Suresh Sethi
5) Headquarters of India Post Payment Bank located at – New Delhi
6) Who is the Union Minister of Communications? – Ravi Shankar Prasad
7) Constituency of Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad – Patna Sahib, Bihar
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|