India successfully tested Prithvi-2 missile in Odisha. India successfully tested Nuclear-capable Prithvi-2 missile on 16 October 2020 from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore, off Odisha coast. It is a surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- This is India’s first indigenous surface-to-surface strategic missile.
- This missile was developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.
- The 9-metre tall liquid-propelled Prithvi-2 has a range of 250 km and can carry a 1 tonne warhead.
- The Prithvi missile project encompassed developing three variants for use by the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy.
- It was first test-fired on 27 January 1996 and the development stages were completed in 2004.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
- Which missile was upgraded to a ballistic missile with different ranges? – Agni
- Name the first iron-cased rockets that were successfully deployed for military use? – Mysorean rockets
- At which place anti-tank missile to be used in Sarath ICVs manufactured? – Ordnance Factory Medak
- Name the Short range low-level surface-to-air missile is: Trishul
- Name the Third-generation anti-tank missile: Nag
- What is the range of Shaurya missile? – 600 km
- Name the Supersonic Cruise Missile developed in collaboration with Russia? – BrahMos
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|