Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2019 presented to broadcaster David Attenborough. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday conferred the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize on British broadcaster David Attenborough at a virtual event. Congress President Sonia Gandhi was also present during the online award function.
Speaking on the occasion on Monday, former Prime Minister and senior Congress leader Manmohan Singh underlined the importance of climate and environment in the backdrop of the current Covid-19 pandemic.
- The prize is awarded to him for a lifetime of doing more to reveal the wonders of the natural world than perhaps any other individual
- The virtual award ceremony will be attended by Congress president and Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust chairperson Sonia Gandhi, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi.
About Indira Gandhi Peace Prize:
The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development was instituted in the memory of the former prime minister by a trust in her name in 1986. It consists of a monetary award of Rs 25 lakh along with a citation.
Expected Questions for Competitive Exams:
1) The Indira Gandhi Peace Prize was conferred every year by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust since – 1986
2) Who received the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for year 2017? – Manmohan Singh
3) The First Recipient of Indira Gandhi Peace Prize was – Parliamentarians for Global Action
4) Which organization received the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for year 2018? – Centre for Science and Environment
5) As per Centre for Science and Environment Report, India recycles what percent of its demolition and construction waste? – 1%
6) Headquarter of Centre for Science and Environment located at – New Delhi
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|