International Day of Democracy observes on 15 September. The United Nations observes 15 September every year as International Day of Democracy. This day helps people around the world to learn and review democracy in the world.
It is an opportunity to urge all governments to respect their citizens’ right to active, substantive and meaningful participation in democracy and to recall that democracy is about people.
Democracy is built on inclusion, equal treatment and participation and it is a fundamental building block for peace, sustainable development and human rights.
- Secretary General: Antonio Guterres.
- Headquarters: New York, USA
- Founded: 24 October 1945
Expected Questions Related to Important Days:
1) September 15 is also observed as? – Engineers Day
2) International Day of Democracy was established through a resolution passed by the UN General Assembly in which year? – 2007
3) Every Year Hindi Diwas is celebrated on which date? – September 14
4) International Literacy Day is observed on which date? – September 08
5) What is the theme of International Literacy Day 2020? – Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond
6) September 10 is observed as which day? – World Suicide Prevention Day
7) UN Day for South-South Cooperation is observed on which date? – September 12
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|