International Day to Protect Education from Attack observes on 09 September. The First International Day to Protect Education from Attack is celebrated on September09, 2020. This day is introduced by United Nations General Assembly to raise awareness of the situation of millions of children living in countries affected by conflict.
This Day aims to draws attention to the plight of more than 75 million 3-to-18-year-olds living in 35 crisis-affected countries and to their urgent need of educational support.
It expresses concern over the effects of continued violence on these children and their ability to access education, whose consequences require special attention beyond the needs of learners whose establishments were temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The day was established by a unanimous decision of the UN General Assembly, calling on UNESCO and UNICEF to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in countries affected by conflict.
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Head: Audrey Azoulay.
- Founded: 16 November 1945.
Expected Questions for Competitive Exams:
- Headquarters of UN located at – New York, United States
- Headquarters of UNESCO located at – Paris, France.
- Who is the Executive Director of UNICEF – Henrietta H. Fore.
- Headquarters of UNICEF located at – New York, United States.
- The First International Day to Protect Education from Attack observed from which year – 2020
- UN day is observed on which date – October 24
- What is the theme of UN Peacekeeping day? – Women in Peacekeeping: A Key to Peace
- UN celebrated International Literacy Day on which date – September 08
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|