EAM S Jaishankar to attend SCO Foreign Ministers meet in Moscow. External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar will be attending the meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization to be held in Moscow on 9th and 10th of this month.
This will be the third Council of Foreign Ministers, CFM meeting that India will be attending as a full member of SCO. Earlier two meetings were held in Beijing in April, 2018 and Bishkek in May, 2019.
- India has been taking active part in various SCO dialogue mechanisms under the Chairmanship of the Russian Federation this year.
- The CFM meeting in Moscow will review the preparations for the forthcoming SCO Summit and also exchange views on international and regional issues. External Affairs Minister’s visit in Moscow will include the participation in the Council of SCO Foreign Ministers and other bilateral meetings.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov
Expected questions for Competitive Exams:
1) What is the other name of SCO? – Shanghai Pact
2) As of now how many members are in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)? – 8
3) SCO headquarters located at which state – Beijing, China
4) India and Pakistan were admitted as full members in which year – 2017
5) Who attended the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Health Ministers’ Meeting – Dr HarshVardhan
6) SCO Founded in which year – 2001
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|