MEA Consultant Recruitment 2020 Notification Released. Ministry of External Affairs has released the recruitment notification for Consultant vacancies. Candidates can apply for the posts on or before the last date. The last date for receiving applications is 11th December, 2020 (1730 hrs). Applications received after the closing date or without the prescribed documents or otherwise found incomplete or not in the prescribed proforma will be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. Ministry of External Affairs Recruitment 2020 details are given below in our blog.
MEA Recruitment 2020:
|Name of the Board||Ministry of External Affairs|
|Last Date||11th December, 2020|
Ministry Of External Affairs Consultant Qualification:
- Applicant should be an Indian National. Applicant should hold a Post Graduate degree in Law and work experience of at least 20 years in the relevant field.
- Desirable: Has previously handled issues relating to International Cooperation/International Organizations in Government of India Missions and/or has negotiating experience Strong written and spoken communications skills in English. Proficiency in use of computers (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Ministry Of External Affairs Consultant Age Limit:
- Applicant should be between 45-63 years of age as on the last date of submission of application and should be in good health to discharge his/her official duties effectively.
- In case of retired Government of India employees, the personnel should have retired from US/DS level.
MEA Recruitment 2020 Selection Process:
Ministry of External Affairs will review the applications, and will shortlist candidates it considers suitable. The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview in the Ministry.
Ministry Of External Affairs Consultant Salary:
In case of candidates from open market or the one from among retired officers of Short Service Commission (not entitled for pension), the remuneration package will be commensurate with the experience and profile of the selected candidate, subject to a maximum of Rs.10 lakh per annum and deduction of applicable taxes.
How to Apply for Ministry Of External Affairs Consultant Recruitment?
- Interested applicants may submit application indicating their interest in working for the Ministry of External Affairs as per proforma at Annex I.
- The envelope containing the applicant’s details as mentioned above should be clearly labelled “Application for the post of Consultant (Legal) in UNP Division of Ministry of External Affairs” and addressed to: Under Secretary (PF/PG) Ministry of External Affairs Room No. 4071, Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan 23-D, Janpath Road New Delhi 110 011.
- Note: Applications received through email will not be considered. The applications should include a detailed bio-data listing the educational qualifications of the candidate and their areas of expertise.
- From past employers may be included. The application should include the contact details of the candidate, including residential address, email ID and land-line and mobile numbers.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
02 (Two) years the contract can be extended further depending on assessment of performance, mutual willingness and depending on the requirement
The contract can be terminated by either side at any time, by giving one month’s notice
What is the Nature of MEA Consultant Recruitment 2020 Duties?
To regularly monitor and follow up of specific legal issues entrusted to the consultant. To undertake entire process of publication of gazette notifications related to UNSC Sanctions Committee, including drafting of notification and coordinating with other agencies involved in the process.
To liaison and coordinate with Legal Department and Legislative Department, Ministry of Law & Justice and L&T Division, Ministry of External Affairs.
To provide legal advice on international law and treaties
To participate in and provide advice on legal interpretation, negotiations and any other forum where the consultant’s expertise would be required.
To prepare issue notes, concept notes, record of discussion, reports and outcome documents on varied subjects.
To provide legal advice on Anti Maritime Piracy Bill
To provide legal advice on International Tribunals and ICJ
To analyze legal issues and recommend course of action in the legal issues assigned to them. To undertake historical research on specific legal issues
What is the job location for MEA Consultant Recruitment 2020?
Ministry of External Affairs (South Block/ Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan / Patiala House/ISIL Building/Akbar Bhavan/FSI), New Delhi