MOEF Recruitment 2020 OUT – Apply for Empanelment of Counsel. The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) intends to make a panel of Counsels for attending to the legal cases of the Ministry before the National Green Tribunal (NGT) at its Principal Bench at New Delhi and the Zonal Benches at Kolkata, Bhopal, Pune and Chennai
The Qualification, Experience, Eligibility, Tenure of empanelment, Payment of Fee and other Terms and Conditions and the application format have been prescribed and given in the Guidelines enclosed herewith. The Counsels on the existing panel of MoEF & CC shall cease to be on the panel of MoEF & CC after the new panel is finalized against this notice. Therefore, they are also required to apply afresh to this notice.’
MOEF Recruitment 2020
Name of the Board
|The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF & CC)|
The Counsel must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Law. Bachelor degree in Law means and includes a degree in law conferred by a University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Specialisation in environment related subject, g., Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who ha\ie experience in dealing with environment related legal
Eligibility/ Conditions for Empanelment:
In addition to the qualifications prescribed, the applicants are advised to carefully read and follow the eligibility criteria, tenure of empanelment, fee structure and other terms & conditions specifically mentioned for empanelment of Counsels mentioned herein below:
Eligibility for empanelment:
- The Counsel must be enrolled with the Bar Council of India or State Bar Councils.
- The Counsel should have a minimum of seven (07) years’ experience/ practice in various Courts and Tribunals.
- The MoEF&CC/ Union of lndia (Uol) reserves the right to de-empanel any Counsel from the panel at any time without assigning any reason.
- No separate fee will be payable for any miscellaneous application or proceedings taken in the same suit or appeal.
- No fee shall be payable where no legal work is done but the Counsel appears for pending instructions.
- The panel Counsel shall bring to the notice of the Officers concerned ofthe Ministry and if necessary, to the notice of the Tribunal, the provisions of relevant ÂctS/ Rules/ Regulations.
- The panel Counsel engaged for a case shall be in charge of the case entrusted to him/ her. He/she will be required to advice the Ministry at any time in any matter. Ne/she will also be required to submit a status report, giving day to day progress in each case, to the Officers concerned of the Ministry on the following day of hearing.
- The Counsels would take all steps in the litigation including acting and pleading and taking execution proceedings where cases are decided in favour of the Ministry and obtaining and advising about the availability of filing an appeal where the cases are decided against the Ministry.
- The panel Counsels will not be paid any retainer fee except the professional fee for conducting the cases.
- No panel Counsel shall appear for parties against the Ministry of EF&CC/ Uol in any Court or Tribunal.
Tenure of Empanelment and Payment of Fee:
- The initial empanelment will be for a period of one year or until further orders, whichever is earlier. The Competent Authority reserves its right to terminate the empanelment of any advocate at any time without assigning any reason.
- The performance of the empaneled Counsels shall be reviewed periodically, every six months. However, on completion of the term and satisfactory performance of the Counsel, the empanelment may be renewed for a period of one year at a time. The maximum tenure of the empanelment would not exceed four (4) vears.
- Payment of fee would be as notified by the Ministry from time to time.
- The Competent Authority shall have the right in exceptional cases to approve the payment of a higher fee than the fee notified by the Ministry, keeping in view the importance of the matter and the labour and efforts put in by the Counsel in a particular case.
Documents to be submitted:
The Counsels will be required to furnish an application, with latest passport size photograph, as per the prescribed format given in Annexure, along with self- attested copies of the following documents:
- Certificates in support of educational qualifications;
- Certificate of registration with the Bar Council of India/ State Bar Councils;
- AIBE Certificate, in case the Counsel was enrolled after 2009, AIBE;
- PAN Card;
- Proof of empanelment with other Ministries/ Dapartments etc.;
- Any other documents regarding experience or achievements etc. Merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not confer any right on any Counsel for empanelment. The decision of the Competent Authority of the Ministry regarding empanelling the Counsels shall be final. Letters and/ or E- mails to Counsels confirming their empanelment will be issued bv the Ministry separately. The process of empanelment shall be complete when the Ministry receives an acceptance letter from the Counsel.
How to Apply?
Eligible practicing Counsels may send their applications in the format prescribed in Annexure enclosed herewith along with all supporting documents to the below mentioned address: The Director, Policy & Law Division, Level-III, Jai Wing, Indira Paryavaran Bhawan, Jor Bagh Road, Aliganj, New Delhi. 110003. The last date for receiving applications in the prescribed format along with supporting documents is 26th June, 2020.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|