MOES Call for proposal – AI/ML Applications in Earth Sciences 2020 Notification has been released on the official site. Ministry of Earth Sciences wishes to promote research on application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) in the field of earth sciences. MoES is keen to involve scientists/researchers working on AI/ML to develop innovative ideas and strategies to demonstrate innovative solutions for a wide range of problems utilizing the potential of AI/ML.
Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) invites project proposals from Universities, Research/Academic institutions in the country for funding for focused research in the following areas of possible application of AI and ML techniques:
- Post processing of Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) products
- Monsoon forecasting from sub-seasonal to seasonal time scales
- Urban flooding & Hydro-meteorological applications
- Prediction of extreme events- Heavy Rainfall, Heat Wave, Cold Wave
- Drought Prediction
- Thunderstorm/lightning prediction/nowcasting
- Agro-meteorological applications
- Different sectoral applications (power, tourism, health etc)
- Ocean state forecasts
- Potential Fishing zone advisory applications
- Climate change projections
- Prediction of Fog
- Geosciences and Seismology
- Big data analytics in model, observed, satellite and reanalysis data
- Any other relevant topic related to Earth System Sciences
MoES will provide 1. Limited computational resources and storage facilities available at MoES will be allocated to the successful proposals. 2. Data relevant to the project, if available with MoES institutions, will be provided to the PIs free of cost.
AI/ML applications developed by the supported proposals will be transferred to MoES Institutions for real time use/applications before the closure of the project.
Last Date to Apply:
The research proposals with the details of investigators and budget may be submitted to the Ministry of Earth Sciences for further consideration. More details of the format of the proposal and the guidelines are given at http://www.moes.gov.in/content/project-management-system.
Please submit your proposal through email to : email@example.com Any further queries can also be addressed to above email account.
The last date for receiving the completed project proposals is 1 July 2020.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|