NEET 2020 Health Ministry Shares Revised SOP. Revised SOP on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19. Examination centres are frequented by large number of students (as well as their parents) and staff till the entire duration of the exam and therefore, it’s vital to plan and conduct these examinations, while following specific preventive measures, as detailed in the paragraphs below.
Sanitation and Hygiene:
- Examination hall and other common areas shall be sanitized each time before and after examination.
- Effective and frequent sanitation within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking and hand washing stations/areas.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypochlorite) of frequently touched surfaces (door knobs, elevator buttons, hand rails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc.) to be made mandatory in all examination hall and other common areas.
- Students and staff should be advised to dispose of used face covers / masks in covered bins available at the center. The waste thus generated may be disposed off in accordance with the hazardous waste disposal guidelines.
SOP to be followed in case of a suspect case or person who develops symptoms during the conduct of examination:
- Place the ill person in a room or area where they are isolated from others.
- The person will remain isolated while wearing a mask/face cover till such time he/she is examined by a doctor.
- If symptoms deteriorate, inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/clinic) or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk assessment shall be undertaken by the designated public health authority (district RRT/treating physician) and accordingly further action be initiated regarding management of case, his/her contacts and need for disinfection.
- Disinfection of the premises to be taken up if the person is found positive.