Northrop Grumman Names Next Cygnus Cargo Ship after Kalpana Chawla. Northrop Grumman has named its next space station resupply ship after Indian American astronaut Dr. Kalpana Chawla. The spacecraft is tentatively scheduled to launch from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) wallop flight facility in Virginia.
The Cygnus spacecraft will deliver approximately 3,629 kg (8,000lb.) of cargo to the space station. It will be launched into orbit from Virginia Space’s Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) Wallops Island, Virginia on September 29.
About Kalpana Chawla:
- Kalpana Chawla (March 17, 1962 – February 1, 2003) was an American astronaut, engineer, and the first woman of Indian origin to go to space and became the first woman of India descent to go to space as a crew of Space Shuttle Columbia on January 16, 2003.
- Chawla and her six STS-107 crewmates died on February 1, 2003, over Texas as Columbia was re-entering Earth’s atmosphere.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
1) Kalpana Chawla went on a mission to space named as: STS – 107 & STS – 87
2) How many NASA Awards had Kalpana Chawla Won? – 03
3) Recently, Indian Astronomers discover the farthest star galaxy that is detected by which satellite? – Astrosat
4) Space Exploration Day is observed on which date? – July 20
5) Which Private Company to send NASA astronauts to space? – SpaceX
6) Recently, NASA’s which longest living Space Telescope celebrated its 30th anniversary? – Hubble Space Telescope
7) NASA aims to build a base camp on the moon’s South Pole by which year? – 2024
8) Who is the Founder and CEO of SpaceX? – Elon Musk
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|