NSO Survey- Kerala tops literacy rate at the Rate of 96.2%. As per new report based on National Statistical Office (NSO) survey, India’s overall literacy rate is an estimated 77.7 per cent, and the literacy rate in urban areas is 87.7 per cent as compared to 73.5 per cent in rural areas.
With 96.2 per cent literacy, Kerala has once again emerged as the most literate state in the country, while Andhra Pradesh featured at the bottom with a rate of 66.4 per cent.
On the other hand, Rajasthan is the second worst performer with literacy rate at 69.7 per cent, followed by Bihar at 70.9 per cent, Telangana at 72.8 per cent, UP at 73 per cent and Madhya Pradesh at 73.7 per cent.
The report on ‘Household Social Consumption: Education in India as part of 75th round of National Sample Survey – from July 2017 to June 2018’ provides for state-wise detail of literacy rate among the persons aged seven years and above.
The Top 5 State/UTs:
- Himachal Pradesh
- The overall literacy rate in India is 77.7%
- The literacy rate in rural areas is 73.5%
- The literacy rate in urban areas is 87.7%
- The report also revealed that nearly 4 percent of rural households and 23 percent of urban households possessed computers.
- Among persons age 15-29 years, nearly 24 percent in rural areas and 56 percent in urban areas were able to operate a computer.
NSO is responsible for the development of arrangements for providing statistical information services including collecting, compiling and disseminating official statistical information to meet the needs of the Government and other users for information on which to base policy, planning, monitoring and management decisions.
Expected Questions for Competitive Exams:
1) Where is Headquarters of NSO located – New Delhi
2) India’s GDP contracts by what percent in Q1 of FY21 as per NSO data – 23.9%
3) Who is the Chief Minister of Kerala? – Pinarayi Vijayan
4) What is Parent department of NSO – Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
5) Who is the Minister of state for Statistics and Programme Implementation – Rao Inderjit Singh
6) Who is the Chairperson of NSO? – Bimal Kumar Roy
7) Who is the Governor of Kerala? – Arif Mohammed Khan
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|