PM Modi, Amit Shah begin “POSHAN Maah” Campaign against Malnutrition. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Minister started “POSHAN Maah” Campaign against Malnutrition”. Launching a social media campaign to promote “Poshan Maah”, PM and Home Minister stressed the importance of proper nutrition in building a prosperous nation and asked the people to contribute towards a malnutrition-free India.
The Prime Minister also launched “Poshan Maah” recipe content and urged people to share the recipes of nutritious dishes on my government’s website.
The competition, which aims to bring the nutrition discussion to the local level, invites citizens to come forward, share nutritional recipes and help create a healthier India.”
Union Home Minister said that “the Central government will focus on an intensive campaign across the country for the holistic nourishment of children with severe acute malnutrition during the “Poshan Maah”, which translates to nutrition month”.
He further added that “Adequate nutrition for children, pregnant women and lactating mothers has always been the priority of PM @NarendraModi. Launched in 2018, Poshan Abhiyaan is a robust scheme that has been playing an unprecedented role in eliminating malnutrition from the country. #POSHANMaah2020”.
About POSHAN Abhiyaan:
PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment. POSHAN Abhiyaan is a multi-ministerial convergence mission with the vision to ensure attainment of malnutrition free India by 2022.
Expected Questions for Competitive Exams:
1) The National Nutrition Mission (POSHAN Abhiyaan) has been introduced by which ministry? – Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD)
2) PM Narendra Modi announced September to be observed as – Nutrition month
3) When was the POSHAN Abhiyaan launched? – March 8, 2018
4) National Nutrition Week is observed on – September 1 to 7, 2020
5) The theme for National Nutrition Week 2020 – ‘Eat Right, Bite by Bite’
6) Which state ranks 1st in overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyan? – Andhra Pradesh
7) What are the two schemes launched by AP Govt for Pregnant Women – YSR Sampoorna Poshana and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
8) Which state government launched ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’, an online training programme on cyber security? –Andhra Pradesh
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|