Rafale fighter jets formally inducted into the Indian Air Force at IAF’s Ambala air base. The first batch of five Rafale aircraft was formally inducted into Indian Air Force at a special function held at Air Force Station, Ambala.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of the Armed Forces of France Florence Parly, witnessed the traditional Sarva Dharma Puja conducted at the Rafale induction ceremony.
Mr Singh and his French Counterpart also witnessed the air display of Rafale fighter aircraft flanked by SU-30 and Jaguar aircraft in arrow formation.
An air show was held by daredevils of Air Force by flying the indigenous aircrafts Tejas while Sarang Helicopter Aerobatic team also participated in the airshow.
Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria are also present on the occasion.
- These aircraft will be part of 17 Squadron, the Golden Arrows.
- The first five Rafale aircraft had arrived at Air Force Station, Ambala from France on 27th of July this year.
- Water cannon salute was given to the Rafale fighter aircraft at the airbase.
The first batch of five Rafale jets arrived in India on July 29, nearly four years after India signed an inter-governmental agreement with France to procure 36 of the aircraft at a cost of Rs 59,000 crore.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Air Chief Marshal: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
1) Admiral Gorshkov, the Soviet aircraft carrier imported by India is now named – INS Vikramaditya
2) Which of the following aircraft is the air-to-air refueller of the Indian Air Force? – IIyushin – 78
3) Which of the following is India’s first indigenously developed nuclear-powered submarine? – INS Arihant
4) Indra series of exercises are jointly held biennially in the Indian Ocean by India and – Russia
5) Which of the following is home base of the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya? – Karwar
6) At which of the following places is the Headquarters of South Western Air Command located? – Gandhinagar
7) The biennial joint multi-nation Naval exercise held in the Indian Ocean is named – Milan
8) At which of the following places is the Indian National Defence University being set up? – Gurgaon, Haryana
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|