RCB Admission Test GAT B Syllabus has released on the official site. The Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) is conducted by the Regional Centre for Biotechnology that is RCB for the admission eligibility supported PG programs in the participating institutions. The GAT-B examination centres will be spread across the country. Now they released the syllabus for the applicable candidates. We provide the direct link to download the official syllabus details. Interested candidates can download the syllabus for improve your skills to the exam/ test from our website.
RCB Admission Test GAT B Syllabus Details
Name of the Organization
|Regional Centre for Biotechnology|
Name of the Test
|Admission Test (Graduate Aptitude Test)|
Application Starting Date
|Last Date to Apply||
RCB Admission Test GAT B Exam Pattern Details:
The GAT-B examination will be conduct based on the following pattern. The examination pattern can be seen at official website. The examination will be a Computer Based Test that is CBT. The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. The details of examination, marking scheme and syllabus is available at www.rcb.res.in/GATB. We provide all the new updates instantly for you. So interested candidates can bookmark this page for further updates.
RCB Admission Test GAT B Syllabus Details:
We provide the direct link to download the syllabus of RCB Admission Test GAT B 2020. They conduct the examination that is Graduate Aptitude Test with two parts. There are,
- PART- A: Part A will have 60 compulsory multiple choice questions of the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Each correct answer will be of one mark each. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
- PART-B: Part B will have multiple choice questions of bachelor’s level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from basic Biology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology and allied areas as per syllabus given below. There will be 100 questions out of which the candidates will have to attempt 60 questions. Each correct answer will have a weightage of 3 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
- Biomolecules-structure and functions
- Viruses- structure and classification
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell structure
- Molecular structure of genes and chromosomes
- genetics (plasmids, transformation, transduction, conjugation)
- Principles of microscopy-light, electron, fluorescent and confocal; Centrifugation- high speed and ultra
- History of Immunology
- Major bioinformatics resources and search tools
- Restriction and modification enzymes
- Animal cell culture
- Chemical engineering principles applied to biological system, Principle of reactor design, ideal and non- ideal multiphase bioreactors, mass and heat transfer
- Engineering principle of bio processing – Upstream production and downstream
Interested candidates can download the official syllabus in our website. We provide direct link to download the official syllabus for candidates.