SAMEER Recruitment 2020 OUT – Apply for 30 Scientist Vacancies. Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering & Research (SAMEER) is a Research & Development Organisation under the administrative control Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. Its main objective is to promote the growth of Science and Technology in RF/Microwave Electronics, Medical Electronics, Electromagnetics, Opto-Electronics, Millimeter Wave Technology and its allied areas. SAMEER has its headquarters at Mumbai and centers at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam and Guwahati. The Last date to apply is 30 June 2020.
SAMEER Recruitment 2020
Name of the Board
|Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering & Research (SAMEER)|
|Scientist C, Scientist B|
|Last date to apply||
SAMEER Scientist Vacancy 2020:
- Scientist C – 02
- Scientist B – 28
- Total Vacancies – 30
SAMEER Scientist Age Limit 2020:
|UR/ EWS||SC/ ST||OBC (NCL*)||PWD||Ex- Service Man|
As per Govt. of India Rules
50 [PWD SC/ST Candidates: 50; PWD OBC (NCL) Candidates: 48 ]
SAMEER Scientist Education Qualification 2020:
Scientist-C (MRF) Code: STCM: Microwave/RF:
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Technology (Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Technology) or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (ME or M.Tech) in the field in Electronics & Telecommunications, Electronics and Microwaves from a recognized University Desirable: Ph.D in the above discipline.
Experience: 4 years’ post qualification experience in design and development in the area of RF/Microwave systems, Millimeter Wave, Communications, Antenna, in Scientific Institutions, Industrial and Academic Institutions or in both. The above experience shall be applicable in respect of candidates having Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Technology or Master Degree in Science and for candidates having Master Degree in Engineering or Master Degree in Technology, two years relaxation in above experience and for Ph.D in Science or Engineering 4 years relaxation in above experience shall be applicable.
Desirable: Experience in design, development of RF/Microwave components, systems /Radar System Design, Antenna Design, using HFSS, CST, AWR or equivalent. Hands on knowledge of VNA and other RF Test and Measurement Instruments
Scientist-B (MRF) Code: STCM: Microwave/RF:
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Technology (Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Technology) or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (ME or M.Tech) in the field in Electronics & Telecommunications, Electronics and Microwaves from a recognized University from a recognized University.
Desirable: Experience in design, development of RF/microwave components, systems /Radar System Design, Antenna Design, using HFSS, CST, and system view
Scientist-B (EL) Code: STBE
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Technology (Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Technology) or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (ME or M.Tech) in the field in Electronics & Telecommunications, Electronics and Microwaves from a recognized University from a recognized University
Desirable: Knowledge/Experience in Digital Signal Processing techniques and implementation in embedded system platforms such as FPGA/ ARM based processors . Knowledge and use of Mat LAB/Simulink/C++, XILINX/Equivalent design suites. Digital Communication Systems. Analog control and signal systems EMI/EMC standards Compliance testing and calibration &Integrated optical component design development and fabrication
Scientist-B (PHY) Code: STBP
Essential Qualifications: Master Degree in Science (MSc) Physics from a recognized university. Desirable: Ph.D in above discipline
Desirable: Knowledge and working experience in Nuclear physics /Accelerator physics or High energy Physics /Microwave tubes
Scientist-B (RP) Code: STBR
Essential Qualifications: Master Degree in Science (MSc) OR M.Sc in Medical Physics / Radiation Physics or equivalent degree recognized by Atomic Energy Regulatory Board ( AERB) enabling to become a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO).
Desirable: Ph.D in above discipline Desirable Experience in radiation shielding calculations / knowledge of regulatory body approvals and procedures, QA/QC of linear accelerator systems etc.
Scientist-B (AS) Code: STBA
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Technology (Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Technology) or Master Degree in Science (MSc) or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (ME or M.Tech) in Atmospheric Sciences/ Space Science from a recognized University.
Desirable: Experience in the field of design, development, and validation of atmospheric instruments using different kind of sensors, development and testing of various weather data analysis and processing algorithms/ models using Mat lab/ Fortran/ C. Programming Knowledge of C / Fortran / Mat lab etc.
SAMEER Scientist Salary 2020:
- Scientist C – Pay Matrix Level-11 (Rs.67700-208700)
- Scientist B – Pay Matrix Level-10 (Rs.56100-177500)
SAMEER Scientist Selection Process 2020:
- Selection will be done through a written examination and interview. All eligible candidates who have successfully submitted the online application for the above posts along with required fee and screened in, shall be called for a written examination. Written Examination shall be of 3 hours duration conducted in English medium only and will be held at Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata.
- Scheme of written examination shall be objective type and will be based on GATE syllabus and pattern for Electronics and communication engineering (EC) for serial no 1 to 3, Physics (PH) for the post at Sr. No. 4 and 5 and Atmospheric sciences (XE-H) for post at sr. no.6
- The minimum percentage to qualify the written examination will be 50% for General/EWS, 40% for OBC, 30% for the SC/ST/PWD categories. However, SAMEER may restrict the maximum number of candidates to be shortlisted for participating in Interview to a reasonable ratio/number based on the written test scores.
- Only the shortlisted candidates for the posts (based on merit position and reservation policy etc.) who have qualified the written examination shall be called for interview.
- The final selection of eligible candidates for appointment to the post of Scientist –‘B’ and Scientist-C will be based on the combined performance of the candidates in the Academic, in the written examination and in interview and verification of documents submitted by the candidates. The weight-age of marks for academic, written examination and interview will be in the ratio 35:35:30. It is mandatory to appear in the interview for selection.
SAMEER Scientist Application Fee 2020:
The applicants shall pay the Application Fee at the rates indicated in the Table below:
|General and all others||
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- List of subjects for essential qualification included in the advertisement against each postcode is exhaustive/ final. Candidates possessing qualification in subjects other than those mentioned against each postcode are not eligible.
- Canvassing in any form and/ or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- SAMEER will not be responsible in case of incomplete transactions during the online payment process. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the correct payment of application fee has been made successfully. Application fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Applicants, in their own interest, should check their eligibility for the post before remitting the application fee. Only qualifications mentioned against each post shall be considered for determining the eligibility.
- Applications which are not in conformity with the requirement indicated in the advertisement are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates at the time of interview shall bring the downloaded Interview Call Letter, self-attested copies of the testimonials along with their originals and NOC from their employer, if applicable, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- Final Selection of candidates for appointment to the above mentioned positions will be based on meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, the performance in the written examination and in interview (if applicable).
- The candidature in the whole recruitment/selection process is “PURELY PROVISIONAL” pending scrutiny of the eligibility as mentioned in the Advertisement for the post applied. In case, it is found at any stages of recruitment/selection process that the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria as per advertisement and any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not in conformity with the eligibility criteria mentioned in advertisement including age, community, category, sub-category, essential educational qualification(s) and experience prescribed for the post his/her candidature shall be rejected and in case the candidate has already joined the post, his/her services shall be summarily terminated
- Before final submission of the on-line Application Form, the candidates must go through the same carefully. It shall be noted that Incomplete / Incorrect application form will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying for the posts of Scientist – ‘B’ or Scientist-C, working with Central Govt./State Govt./PSU/Autonomous bodies have to furnish ‘NOC’ from the authority concerned. The ‘NOC’ should also confirm that no disciplinary/vigilance case is either pending or contemplated.
- Withdrawal of candidature on account of non-furnishing of any information will not confer any right to carry forward or retain the candidature for future recruitment.
- Any request for change of address will not be entertained. Also no change in particulars shall be permitted and the particulars furnished by the applicant in the online application form will be taken as final.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the written exam and interview.
- Candidate must ensure that the information provided in the application portal are correct and final. Correction/addition of any information already submitted is not allowed during later phases of recruitment process.
- For any problems related to online submission of application form/downloading of admit card, please send email to email@example.com in mentioning advertisement number in the subject. No other query will be entertained at this mail-id
How to Apply:
Step: 1 Before applying, Candidates are advised to go through this advertisement carefully in detail for determining their eligibility as per laid down criteria for the post.
Step: 2 Candidates possessing the requisite qualification on the cut-off date are only eligible to apply. While filling online application, candidates pursuing final semester / year may enter details of their result up to the semester/year (as per applicability) for which result is declared. The screening will be done considering their result as entered in online application.
Step: 3 The admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Step: 4 Candidates are advised to go through the guidelines for filling up the application form carefully.
Step: 5 Candidates are requested to register and apply ONLINE at http://recruitment.sameer.gov.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. The website will be opened for 30 days from 1st April 2020 to 30th April 2020. Candidates are required to have valid e-mail identification and active mobile number.
Step: 6 The application shall be treated complete only if all the mandatory fields are completed successfully. The candidate has to click the submit button to complete the process. If the application is not submitted or otherwise incomplete, his/her candidature will summarily be rejected.
Step: 7 Each candidate shall upload his/her recent colour passport size photograph (of size 3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) his/her signatures with Black Pen in a box of 3.5 cms x 1.5 cms in JPG format of size not more than 100 KB, resolution of 170px(width) X 250px(height) at appropriate space provided in the on-line Application Form.
Step: 8 Candidate need not upload any documents. After submission of the form, the candidate is required to take a printout of the application and send the hard copy by post along with copies of following self-attested documents to the Chairman Recruitment & Assessment Board (RAB), SAMEER, Post BOX No: 8448. IIT Campus Hillside, Powai Mumbai 400076 to reach not later than 15th May 2020:
- Certificate of Date of Birth (issued by Municipality etc or Matriculation/High School/SSC Certificate)
- Certificates of Educational qualification, which makes him/her eligible for applying for the post.
- Photo id proof
- Certificates of Higher Educational qualification, if any
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC(NCL)), if applicable
- Category Certificate (PWD or any other), if applicable
- EWS Certificate, if applicable h) Certificate for seeking age relaxation, if applicable
- No Object Certificate (NoC) from the present employer, if applicable
Application Form – Available in the Official Notification
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|