SAROD ports launched by Shipping Ministry to resolve disputes. Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched a dispute resolving mechanism to ease affordable and timely resolution of disputes for the maritime sector. SAROD-Ports consist of members from the Indian Ports Association (IPA) and Indian Private Ports and Terminals Association (IPTTA).
- It will designate an export team. Also, an expert team will address and resolve disputes that will be decimated on time. SAROD port has been established under Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- In January 2018, the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved the amendment of Model Concession Agreement under which SAROD ports are being established.
The main objective of SAROD ports is timely resolution of disputes and enrichment of dispute resolution mechanism.
About Shipping Ministry:
- Minister of State: Mansukh L. Mandaviya
1) Union MoS Shipping, Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated first container ship from Kolkata port to Agartala, through Chattogram port of which country? – Bangladesh
2) Which Ministry has approved revised cost estimates of Rs.123.95 cr for Ship Repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar Islands? – Union Shipping Ministry
3) Which project was launched by Minister of State for Shipping Mansukh Lal Mandaviya to channelize economic activity along the banks of Ganga River? – Arth Ganga
4) Maritime Museum to be set up at Lothal – the Harrapan age maritime site near Ahmedabad, by – Ministry of Shipping
5) Which of the following tax is levied to coastal ships registered under the Merchant Shipping Act? – Tonnage Tax
6) The first Maritime Summit was held on? – 14th to 16th April 2016
7) Which of the following is world-class international container handling port? – Jawaharlal Nehru Port
8) Which is the artificial port and second busiest port in India after Mumbai? – Chennai Port
9) Which organisation provides integrated dredging services to the major port of India? – Dredging Corporation of India
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|