Schools in Kerala Will Not Open in Sept-Oct 2020 – CM Pinarayi Vijayan Confirmed. On 14th Sept, the state reported as many as 2,540 new coronavirus cases were reported in Kerala. On Monday, 15 more fatalities took the state’s COVID-19 death toll to 454. Due to this critical situation they are not able to reopen the school in Kerala in the month of Sept/Oct 2020.
Kerala CM Vijayan said that:
- “In the given situation, it’s not possible to open educational institutions (schools) either in September or October. This is also the thinking of the Centre.”
- Earlier, Central Government in its Unlock 4.0 Guidelines allowed educational institutions including schools to reopen for higher classes i.e. from 9th and above Class students to visit school premises for in-person doubt solving sessions from 21st Sept onwards. However, Kerala is unlikely to follow this guideline of Centre.
- The recent spike in Coronavirus cases in the state can be attributed to the increasing relaxations being granted in the lockdown measures. Even though public transport is not fully operational at present, the cases are likely to go up once normal activities are resumed. The state was planning to conduct 50,000 tests daily.
- “At present, we have 30,486 positive cases, whereas 79,813 patients have been cured in Kerala.” – He Added.
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic the schools will not open in Kerala!!
!!Stay Home Stay Safe!!