Shanghai Cooperation Organisation – India hosts Summit of Ministers of Justice of SCO member states. India hosted the Seventh Meeting of Ministers of Justice of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) which is a permanent intergovernmental international organization. India was represented by Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. Thie meeting was held through online mode.
- The virtual meeting was attended by justice ministers from China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, according to a statement by the Ministry Of Law and Justice.
- According to the data, Under Tele-Law services initiated in 2017, so far over three lakh 44 thousand free legal consultations have been given to poor people. Tele-Law means the use of communications and information technology for the delivery of legal information and advice.
- The minister highlighted Pro Bono Legal Services to provide free legal aid to marginalized sections of the society.
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan; the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Charter, formally establishing the organisation, was signed in June 2002 and entered into force on 19 September 2003.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Founded: 15 June 2001
- What is the Constituency of Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad? – Patna Sahib,Bihar
- Who represented India in SCO Summit 2019? – PM Narendra Modi
- India joined Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in which year? -2017
- What is the number of total Members of SCO? – 8 Members
- What are the official languages of SCO? – Chinese, Russian
- SCO Summit 2019 was held in – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|