Shipping Corporation of India Recruitment 2020 Notification Released. Shipping Corporation of India has released the notification for filling Online General Roster Ratings Selection & Posting criteria for SCI Main Fleet & OSV Fleet. Candidates who are interested can apply online till 25.10.2020. Shipping Corporation of India Recruitment 2020 details are given below in our blog.
SCI Recruitment 2020:
|Name of the Board||Shipping Corporation of India|
|Post Name||General Roster Ratings Selection|
Candidate must have completed DG approved GP Rating course (or Saloon Rating course for saloon crew) and as per DGS rule must have completed five basic modular courses (including STSDSD course) required for Seamen from DG approved institutes
- Must have at least six months on board rank experience for Main Fleet
- Must have at least Nine months on board rank experience for OSV /MSV and 1 Year on board experience for MODU
- Sailing experience only on MSV/OSV/MODU will be considered for MODU vessels.
- Must have served on board vessels at least for six months in last three years from the date of selection except MODU
- For MODU one year sailing in last 5 years is required.
- Candidate age should not be more than 59 years (except trainee cook) on the date of selection.
- Having completed 18 years of age and not more than 25 years of age on the date of selection
- During training on-board, the Trainee Cook will be paid stipend of Rs.5000/ PM and will not be entitled for any other allowances except following:
- Free boarding and lodging during on-board training.
- Portage and Conveyance as per NMB Agreement for Seamen and will be paid only upon completion of on-board training.
- In case of sickness, if any, whilst on-board, treatment will be provided as per applicable NMB agreement, but no illness wages will be paid.
- Requirement of ratings is advertised on SCI website along with Annexure 3 (Application form), eligibility criteria and user Manual for applicants.
- Online applications are submitted by the applicants in standard format along with required uploaded documents.
- After short listing of candidates, all submitted documents are verified and if found ok then ratings are informed that the short listing is subject to fleet requirement, physical verification of original documents, medical fitness, Applicable DGS order/SOP and SCI approval.
- Depending upon vessel’s schedule and requirements on board, shortlisted candidate is asked to report to nearest SCI office for physical verification of documents & certificates and to undergo medical examination.
- Shortlisted candidate shall undergo COVID 19 test at his residence before reporting to SCI office. This is to avoid any rejection at joining port and to prevent spread of COVID infection.
- After medical examination if medically fit ratings are allotted vessels and subsequently posted on vessels subject to completion of formalities (i.e. visa, verification of documents, port formalities etc. Any false information and criminal cases against candidate leads to cancellation of selection and candidate may be debarred for future selection.
- Employment on board is purely on contract basis, and the rating does not have any lien or claim for permanency in SCI by the virtue of this contract.
How to Apply?
- Please check Advertisement Number, Type of vessel and the Last Date of Submission displayed on the top of the form before you start applying.
- All fields with marked with * are mandatory.
- First Name, Last Name: Name should be entered same as mentioned in the passport. Please note only alphabets and space character is allowed. Special Characters like @, *, & etc are not allowed
- Mobile Number: This field must be of 10 digit and should not start with ZERO “0”
- Email ID: This field must be in the standard format
- Home Town: In this field, only alphabets and space is allowed. Special characters not allowed.
- State: This mandatory field and must be selected from available dropdown list.
- Passport No: Only Numbers and Alphabets are allowed. Special Characters not allowed
- Passport Expiry Date: Please enter the date in DD-MM-YYYY format only. Passport must be valid for at least 15 months from the last date of application in case of Main Fleet recruitment or at least 12 months from the last date of application in case of OSV recruitment.
- Rank: This mandatory field and must be selected from available dropdown list.
- Experienced in Vessel Type: This mandatory field and must be selected from available dropdown list.
- CDC No: Only Numbers and Alphabets are allowed. Special Characters not allowed.
- CDC Expiry Date: Please enter the date in DD-MM-YYYY format only. CDC must be valid for at least 15 months from the last date of application in case of Main Fleet recruitment or at least 12 months from the last date of application in case of OSV recruitment.
- Last Vessel: This mandatory field and must be selected from available Options. 15. Last Sign off Date: Please enter the date in DD-MM-YYYY format only. There must be 90 days of leave between Sign off date and last date of application in case of Main Fleet recruitment or 45 days of leave between Sign off date and last date of application in case of OSV recruitment.
- Last Company and Vessel Name: Enter the last company name and last vessel name as mentioned in the format
- Document Upload guidelines: All documents must of the size be less than 3mb. Only .jpg, .png, .doc, .docx, .pdf extension files allowed Document No 1, 2 and 3 are mandatory. Document No 4 must be attached as mentioned in the advertisement.
- Please check all the documents uploaded are correct.
- Check all the information filled is correct and then checks the final checkbox of declaration
- Click “Submit” button
- Click “Ok”
- Final message will be shown once the application is submitted.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|