SLINEX-20 – India & Sri Lanka 8th annual joint exercise begins. The eighth annual joint bilateral maritime exercise between India and Sri Lanka navies – SLINEX-20 begins in Trincomalee coast. It is a 3 day exercise that is started on October 19, 2020 and it will end on October 21, 2020. In 2019, SLINEX was conducted off Visakhapatnam in September 2019.
- The Sri Lanka Navy is represented by SLN Ships Sayura (Offshore Patrol Vessel) and Gajabahu(Training Ship) led by Rear Admiral Bandara Jayathilaka, the Flag Officer Commanding Naval Fleet, Sri Lanka Navy.
- Indian navy is represented by indigenously built ASW corvettes Kamorta and Kiltan under the command of Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet.
- Indian Navy Advanced Light Helicopter and Chetak helicopter have also been embarked onboard IN ships.
- To enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- Sri Lanka India Naval Exercise is abbreviated SLINEX. It is a series of naval exercises between the Indian Navy and the Sri Lanka Navy. The exercise began in 2005.
About Sri Lanka:
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Mitra Shakti is a joint military training exercise between India and which country? – Sri Lanka
- Where is the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology located? – Pune
- SIMBEX is a joint military exercise by India and – Singapore
- Indian Navy Day is observed on – December 04
- Sham No Varunah is the motto of – Indian Navy
- Exercise Sea Vigil is a coastal defence exercise. It was first held in – 2019
- Nomadic Elephant is a joint military exercise of India and – Mangolia
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|