SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 PDF – Download Exam Pattern Here. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Combined Higher Secondary Level Notification 2020 on its official site on 06 November 2020. It is a high time for the candidates to prepare for the SSC CHSL Exam. If you are looking for the syllabus and exam pattern, we have provided the direct link to download the PDF of syllabus in our blog. Follow us to get daily updates.
SSC CHSL Details
|Name of the Board||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Date||12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021|
|Status||Exam Pattern & Syllabus|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern:
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribe as per Para 8.1 II 25/ 50 and 8.2)|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Syllabus:
- English Language:
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test will include questions on
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Pattern-folding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Other subtopics
- if any Numerical operations.
- Number Systems
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Statistical Charts
Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper):
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode
- The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour. 20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribe.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted as per the following scheme:
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|
What is the last date to apply for SSC CHSL?
You can download it from the above link
12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021