TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023: Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC) will hold the Prelims & Mains Examination for the post of Junior Engineer, TES, Gr-V (A) Degree (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) Group-B, TES Gr-V(B), Junior Engineer, TES Gr-V(B), Diploma (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) Group-C. The Date and Time for this Examination will be announced soon.
TPSC JE Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
|Name of the Board||Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC)|
|Post Name||Junior Engineer, TES, Gr-V(A) Degree (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) Group-B, TES Gr-V(B), Junior Engineer, TES Gr-V(B), Diploma (Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical) Group-C|
|No of Vacancy||400|
|Exam Date||Announced Soon|
TPSC JE Selection Process 2023:
The examination shall have the following three parts namely:
Preliminary Examination (MCQ Type) Carrying 100 marks:
- The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection.
- A limited number of candidates, maximum 05(five) times of total posts (category wise) will be selected merit wise on the basis of the result of Preliminary Examination, subject to securing minimum qualifying marks (40% for UR & 30% for reserved category candidates).
- Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
|Subject Name||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|English Composition||10||10||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge & Current events of Local, National & International Importance||10||10|
|Engineering Aptitude (in related branch)||80||80|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
Main (written) Examination carrying 500 marks:
The minimum cut off marks to qualify for interview cum Personality test in main Examination is 40% in aggregate for UR & 30% in aggregate for Reserved Category Candidates. The selected candidates on the basis of results of the Main (Written) Examination will be allowed to appear in the Interview Cum Personality Test.
|Paper||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies (Compulsory)||100||1 hour|
|Optional in the respective branch (Any two of the following papers in the appropriate branch of engineering)
1. Civil Engineering Paper-I
2. Civil Engineering Paper-II
3. Mechanical Engineering Paper-I
4. Mechanical Engineering paper-II
5. Electrical Engineering Paper-I
6. Electrical Engineering Paper-II
|200 (In each Paper)||3 hours|
|Total||300 Marks||4 hours|
General Studies (Compulsory):
|Comprehension of a given passage||20|
|Vocabulary (synonyms & antonyms, idioms & phrases)||10|
|General knowledge (Questions will include knowledge of Indian and geography of such a nature that the candidates should be able to answer without any special study. Questions on Tripura, and its historian topography will also be included.)||20|
|Current Affairs (The questions will include knowledge of Indian current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.)||20|
Interview cum Personality Test:
- The commission shall conduct an Interview-cum personality test of those candidates, who have obtained qualifying marks in the Main (written part) of the examination. The pattern of the Interview-cum- personality test shall be decided by the Commission in accordance with the requirement of the service and the post for which the examination is conducted.
- The interview cum personality test shall be to assess the personal qualities of a candidate e.g., his intellectual ability, social traits, interest in current affairs, critical power of judgment, variety and depth of interest, ability for leadership, moral integrity etc.
- Final selection shall be made in order of merit on the basis of the marks obtained by a candidate in aggregate in the Main (written) examination and the marks obtained by him/her in the interview cum personality test and following other norms of the TPSC in this regard.
TSPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023:
Syllabus for Grade V (A) Junior Engineer (Degree holder)
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
- Timber: Different types and species of structural timber, density-moisture relationship, strength in different directions, defects, the influence of defects on permissible stress, preservation, dry and wet rots, codal provisions for design, Plywood.
- Bricks: Types, Indian Standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, the influence of mortar strength on masonry strength.
- Cement: Compounds of different types, setting times, and strengths.
- Cement Mortar: Ingredients, proportions, water demand, mortars for plastering and masonry.
- Concrete: Importance of W/C Ratio, Strength, ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength, elasticity, non-destructive testing, and mix design methods.
Elastic constants, stress, plane stress, Mohr’s circle of stress, strains, plane strain, Mohr’s circle of strain, combined stress; Elastic theories of failure; Simple bending, shear; Torsion of circular and rectangular sections and simple members.
DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES:
Principles of working stress method. Design of connections, simple members, Built-up sections and frames, and Design of Industrial roofs. Principles of ultimate load design.
DESIGN OF CONCRETE AND MASONRY STRUCTURES:
Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression, and combined forces. Codal provisions for slabs, beams, walls and footings. Working stress method of design of R.C. members. Principles of prestressed concrete design, materials, methods of prestressing, losses. Design of simple members and determinate structures.
CONSTRUCTION PRACTICES, PLANNING, AND MANAGEMENT:
Concreting Equipment: Weight Batcher, Mixer, vibrator, batching plant, concrete pump. Cranes, hoists, lifting equipment. Earthwork Equipment: Power shovel, hoe, dozer, dumper, trailers and tractor rollers, sheep foot rollers, pumps. Construction, Planning and Management: Bar chart, linked bar chart, work-breakdown structures, Activity – on arrow diagrams. Critical path, probabilistic activity durations; Event-based networks.
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
(a) FLUID MECHANICS, OPEN CHANNEL FLOW.PIPE FLOW:Fluid Properties, Pressure, Thrust, Buoyancy; Flow Kinematics; Integration of flow equations; Flow measurement; Relative motion; Moment of momentum; Viscosity, Boundary layer and Control, Drag. Lift; dimensional Analysis, Modeling: Cavitation; Flow oscillations; Momentum and Energy principles in Open channel flow, Flow controls, Hydraulic jump, Flow sections and properties; Normal flow, Gradually varied flow; Surges; Flow development and losses in pipe flow, Measurements; Siphons; Surges and Water hammer.
(b) HYDRAULIC MACHINES AND HYDROPOWER: Centrifugal pumps, types, performance parameters, scaling, pumps in parallel; Reciprocating pumps, air vessels, performance parameters; Hydraulic ram; Hydraulic turbines, types, performance parameters, controls, choice; Power house, classification, and layout, storage, pondage, control of supply.
(a) HYDROLOGY:Hydrological cycle, precipitation and related data analyses, PMP, unit and synthetic hydrographs; Evaporation and transpiration; Floods and their management, PMF; Streams and their gauging.
(b) WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING: Multipurpose uses of Water: Soil-Plant-Water relationships, irrigation systems, water demand assessment; Storages and their yields, groundwater yield, and well hydraulics; Water logging, drainage design; Irrigation revenue.
ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (a)WATER SUPPLY ENGINEERING:Sources of supply, yields, design of intakes and conductors; Estimation of demand; Water quality standards; Control of Water-borne diseases; Primary and secondary treatment, detailing and maintenance of treatment units; Conveyance and distribution systems of treated water, leakages, and control; Rural water supply; Institutional and industrial water supply.
(b)WASTE WATER ENGINEERING: Urban rainwater disposal; Systems of sewage collection and disposal; Design of sewers and sewerage systems; pumping; Characteristics of sewage and its treatment, Disposal of products of sewage treatment, stream flow. Plumbing Systems, Rural and semi-urban sanitation.
(c) SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT: Sources, classification, collection, and disposal; Design and Management of landfills.
(a) SOIL MECHANICS:Properties of soils, classification, and interrelationship; Compaction behavior, methods of compaction and their choice; Permeability and seepage, flow nets, Inverted filters; Compressibility and consolidation; Shearing resistance, stresses, and failure; soil testing in laboratory and in-situ; Stress path and applications; Earth pressure theories, stress distribution in soil; soil exploration, samplers, load tests, penetration tests.
(b) FOUNDATION ENGINEERING: Types of foundations, Selection criteria, bearing capacity, settlement, laboratory and field tests, Types of piles and their design and layout, Foundations on expansive soils, swelling and its prevention, the foundation on swelling soils.
(a) SURVEYING:Classification of surveys, scales, accuracy, Measurements of distances direct and indirect methods, optical and electronic devices, Measurement of directions, prismatic compass, local attraction, Theodolites-types, Measurement of elevations- sprit and trigonometric leveling, Relief representation, contours, Digital elevations modeling concept, Establishment of control by triangulations and traversing measurements and adjustment of observations, computation of coordinates, Field astronomy, Concept of the global positioning system.
(b) TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING:Planning of highway systems, alignment, and geometric design, horizontal and vertical curves, grade separation, Materials and construction methods for different surfaces and maintenance, Principles of pavement design, and Drainage.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
1.STRENGTH OF MATERIALS:Stress and strains in two dimensions, Principal stresses and strains, Mohr’s construction, linear elastic materials, isotropy and anisotropy,stress-strain relations, uniaxial loading, and thermal stresses. Beams: Bending moment and shear force diagram, bending stresses and deflection of beams, Shear stress distribution, Torsion of shafts, helical springs, Combined stresses, thick and thin-walled pressure vessels. Struts and columns.
2. Fluid Mechanics:Properties and classification of fluids, Manometer, forces on immersed surfaces, Centre of pressure, Buoyancy, Elements of stability of floating bodies. Kinematics and Dynamics. Irrotational and incompressible, Inviscid flow. Velocity potential, Pressure field and forces on immersed bodies. Bernoulli’s equation fully developed flow through pipes, pressure drops calculations. Measurement of flow rate and pressure drop. Integral approach, Laminar and turbulent flows, Separations.Flow over weirs and notches. Open channel flow, Hydraulic jump. Dimensionless numbers, Similitude and modeling.
3. THEORY OF MACHINES: Cams, Gears and gear trains, Flywheels, Governors. Balancing of rigid rotors and field balancing. Balancing of single and multicylinder engines. Critical speeds and whirling of shafts Automatic controls.
4. MACHINE DESIGN: Design of joints: cotters, keys, splines, welded joints, threaded fasteners, joints formed by interference fits, Design of friction drives, couplings and clutches, belt and chain drives, power screws. Design of Power transmission systems: gears and gear driveshaft and axle, wire ropes. Design of bearings: hydrodynamics bearings and rolling element bearings.
5. FLUID MACHINERY AND STEAM GENERATORS: Performance, Operation, and control of hydraulic Pump, impulse and reaction Turbines, Specific speed, Classification, Energy transfer, Coupling, Power transmission, steam generators, Fire-tube and water-tube boilers, Flow of steam through Nozzles and Diffusers, Wetness and Condensation. Various types of steam and Gas turbines, Partial admission. Reciprocating, Centrifugal, and axial flow, Compressors, Multistage compression, the role of Mach Number, Reheat, Regeneration, Efficiency, Governance.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
- THERMODYNAMICS:Cycles and IC Engines, Basic concepts, Open and Closed systems. Heat and Work, Zeroth, First and Second law, Application to non-flow and Flow processes, Entropy, Availability. Properties of ideal gases and vapors, Standard vapor, Gass power and Refrigeration cycles, Two-stage compressors, CI and SI Engines, Pre-ignition, Detonation, and Diesel knock, Fuel injection and Carburation, Supercharging. Turboprop and Rocket engines, Engine cooling, Emission & control. Measurement of Calorific values.
- HEAT TRANSFER, REFRIGERATION, AND AIRCONDITIONING:Modes of heat transfer, One dimensional steady and unsteady conduction. Composite slab and Equivalent Resistance. Heat dissipation from extended surfaces. Heat exchangers, Overall heat transfer coefficient Empirical correlations for heat transfer in laminar and turbulent flows and for free and forced Convection, Thermal boundary layer over a flat plate. Fundamentals of diffusive and connective mass transfer, Black body and basic Concepts in Radiation, Enclosure theory. Shape factor. Heat pump, refrigeration cycles, systems, Refrigerants. Condensers, Evaporates and Expansion devices, Psychrometry, Charts, and application to air conditioning. Sensible heating and cooling, Effective, temperature, comfort indices, and Load calculations. Solar refrigeration, controls, Duct design.
- ENGINEERING MATERIALS:Basic concepts on the structure of solids. Crystalline materials. Defects in crystalline materials. Alloys and binary phase diagrams. Structure and properties of common engineering materials.
- INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING:Production Planning and Control: Forecasting Moving average, exponential smoothing, Operations, scheduling; assembly line balancing, Product development, Break-even analysis, Capacity planning, PERT, and CPM. Control Operations: Inventory control ABC analysis, EOQ model, Materials requirement planning. Job design, Job standards, Work measurement
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-1
- EM THEORY:Electric and magnetic fields. Gauss’s Law and Amperes Law. Fields in dielectrics, conductors, and magnetic materials. Time-varying fields. Plane-Wave propagating in dielectric and conducting media. Transmission lines.
- ELECTRICAL MATERIALS:Conductors, Semi-conductors, and Insulators. Superconductivity. Insulators for electrical and electronic applications. Magnetic materials. Ferro and ferri magnetism. Ceramics, Properties, and applications. Hall effect and its applications. Special semi-conductors.
- ELECTRICAL CIRCUITSCircuits elements. Kirchhoff’s Laws. Mesh and nodal analysis. network Theorems and applications. Natural response and forced response. Transient response and steady state response for arbitrary inputs. Properties of networks in terms of poles and zeros. Transfer function. Resonant circuits. Three-phase circuits. Two-port networks. Elements of two-element network synthesis.
- MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATIONUnits and Standards. Measurement of current, Voltage, power, Power-factor and energy. Indicating instruments. Measurement of resistance, inductance, Capacitance, and frequency. Bridge measurements. Electronic measuring instruments. Digital Voltmeter and frequency counter. Transducers and their applications to the measurement of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, flow-rate displacement, acceleration, noise level, etc. Data acquisition systems. A/D and D/A converters. CONTROL SYSTEMSBlock diagrams and signal flow graphs and their reduction. Errors for different types of inputs and stability criteria for feedback systems. Stability analysis using Routh- Hurwitz array, Nyquist plot, and Bode plot. Root locus and Nicols chart and the estimation of gain and phase margin. Basic concepts of compensator design. State variable matrix and its use in system modeling and design. Sampled data system and performance of such a system with the samples in the error channel. Stability of sampled data system. Elements of non-linear control analysis. Control system components, electromechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER II
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES AND POWER TRANSFORMERS.Magnetic Circuits. Construction and testing. Equivalent circuits. Losses and efficiency. Regulation. Auto-transformer, 3 phase transformer. Parallel operation. Basic concepts in rotating machines. EMF, torque, basic machine types. Construction and operation, leakage losses, and efficiency. B.C. Machines. Construction, Excitation methods. Circuit models. Armature reaction and commutation. Generators and motors. Starting and speed control. Testing. Losses and efficiency. Synchronous Machines. Construction. Circuit model. Operating characteristics. Synchronous reactance. Efficiency. Voltage regulation. Salient-pole machine, Parallel operation. Hunting. Short circuit transients. Induction Machines. Construction. Principle of operation. Rotating fields. Characteristics and performance analysis. Determination of circuit model. Circle diagram. Starting and speed control. Fractional KW motors. Single-phase synchronous and induction motors.
- POWER SYSTEMS:Types of Power Stations, Hydro, Thermal, and Nuclear Stations. Pumped storage plants. Economics and operating factors. Power transmission lines. Modeling and performance characteristics. Voltage control. Load flow studies. Optimal power system operation. Load frequency control. Symmetrical Components. Per Unit representation. Fault analysis. Transient and steady-state stability of power systems. Equal area criterion. Power system Transients. Power system Protection Circuit breakers. Relays. HVDC transmission.
- ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS:Semi-conductor device physics, PN junctions and transistors, circuit models and parameters, FET, Zener, tunnel, Schottky, photo diodes and their applications, rectifier circuits, voltage regulators and multipliers, switching behavior of diodes and transistors. Small signal amplifiers, biasing circuits, frequency response and improvement, multistage amplifiers and feed-back amplifiers, D.C. amplifiers, Large signal amplifiers, coupling methods, push-pull amplifiers, operational amplifiers, and wave shaping circuits. Multivibrators and flip- Digital logic gate families, universal gates- combination circuits for årl circuits. Counters, registers, RAM, and- ROMs.
- MICROPROCESSORSMicroprocessor architecture-Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Micro-processors in power systems.
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS: Types of modulation; AM, FM, and PM. Demodulators. Noise and bandwidth considerations. Digital communication systems. Pulse code modulation and demodulation. Elements of sound and vision broadcasting. Carrier communication. Frequency division and time multiplexing, Telemetry system in power engineering. division
- POWER ELECTRONICS:Power Semiconductor devices. Thyristor. Power transistor, GTOs, and MOSFETS. Characteristics and operation. AC to DC Converters; 1-phase and 3-phase DC to DC Converters; AC regulators. Thyristor-controlled reactors; switched capacitor networks. Inverters; single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with uniform sampling Switched-mode power supplies.
Grade V (B) Junior Engineer (Diploma Holder):
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
- BUILDING MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION:
- BRICKS AND TILE
- STONES, SAND
- METALS AND OTHER ENGINEERING MATERIALS
- PAINTS AND VARNISHES
- BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
- CONSTRUCTION PLANNING AND STORAGE OF MATERIAL
- BRICKS AND STONE MASONRY
- DAMP PROOFING
- LINTEL AND ARCHES
- ROOFS AND ROOF COVERINGS
- DOORS AND WINDOWS
- STAIR AND STAIRCASES
- WALL FINISH
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS & THEORY OF STRUCTURE:
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
- BENDING MOMENT & SHEER FORCE IN BEAMS
- BENDING STRESS IN BEAMS
- SHEARING STRESSES IN BEAMS
- COLUMNS & STRUTS
- COMBINED BENDING & DIRECT STRESS
- COMPOUND & COMPLEX STRESS
- STRAIN ENERGY & IMPACT LOADING
- THEORY OF STRUCTURES
- DEFINITIONS & GENERAL PRINCIPLES
- PRIMARY STRESS ANALYSIS FOR STATICALLY DETERMINATE PIN JOINTED
- FIXED & CONTINUOUS BEAMS, PROPPED CANTILEVER
- MOMENT DISTRIBUTION METHOD
- RETAINING WALLS (EARTH RETAINING STRUCTURES)
- FOUNDATION ENGINEERING:
- GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR DESIGN OF FOUNDATIONS
- TYPES OF FOUNDATION
- BEARING CAPACITY OF SOILS
- SETTLEMENT OF FOUNDATION
- PILE FOUNDATION
- SOIL STABILISATION
- SOIL EXPLORATION
- STRESS DISTRIBUTION IN SOILS
- EARTH PRESSURE
- CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY:
- MATERIALS FOR CEMENT CONCRETE
- PREPARATION OF CONCRETE
- CONCRETE MIX DESIGN
- QUALITY CONTROL
- SPECIAL CONCRETE
- DETERIORATION AND RESTORATION OF CONCRETE
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- DEFINITION OF AN ESTIMATE AND TYPES
- SYMMETRICAL & UNSYMMETRICAL BOUNDARY WALL (USING MODULAR &
- TRADITIONAL BRICKS)
- CENTRE LINE, LONG WALL & SHORT WALL METHOD WITH EXAMPLE
- DEFINITION OF FLOOR AREA, CARPET AREA, PLINTH AREA, FAR
- ESTIMATE OF DIFFERENT ITEMS OF WORK INVOLVED IN A SINGLE STOREY
- RESIDENTIAL BUILDING
- ESTIMATE OF R.C.C. BEAMS, CHUJIA, LINTEL, AND SLAB (ONE WAY & WING BAR
- BENDING SCHEDULE)
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING:
- AIR POLLUTION
- ANALYSIS OF AIR POLLUTANTS
- AIR POLLUTION CONTROL MEASURES & EQUIPMENT
- METHODS & APPROACH TO AIR POLLUTION CONTROL
- WATER SOURCES
- DIFFERENT SOURCES OF WATER POLLUTION
- WATER POLLUTION & ITS CONTROL
- NOISE & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- NOISE POLLUTION & CONTROL
- ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATIONS, AUTHORITIES & SYSTEMS
- MECHANICS OF MATERIALS
- Stress and strain
- Thin cylinder and spherical shells
- Deflections of beams
- Torsion of solid and hollow circular shafts
- Riveted joints
- MACHINE TOOL
- GENERAL INTRODUCTION
- METAL CUTTING
- LATHE AND LATHE WORKS
- DRILLING MACHINE
- BORING MACHINE SHAPER & PLANNER
- MILLING MACHINE GRINDING MACHINE
4 FLUID MECHANICS
- PHYSIC AL PROPERTIES OF FLUIDS
- FLUID STATICS
- FLUID KINEMATICS
- IMPACT OF JET
- HYDRAULIC TURBINE
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER II
- AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
- CONSTRUCTIONAL FEATURES
- FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM
- COOLING SYSTEM
- LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- INTAKE & EXHAUST SYSTEM
- COMBUSTION IN ENGINE
- AUTOMOBILE EMISSION & ITS CONTROL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- CHASSIS & BODY.
- TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
- PROPELLER SHAFT & FINAL DRIVE
- SUSPENSION SYSTEM
- STEERING SYSTEM
- BRAKING SYSTEM
- WHEEL & TYRE
- GARAGE AND SERVICE STATION
- NON-CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES
- SOLAR POWER PLANTS
- SOLAR ENERGY
- SOLAR RADIATION
- WIND POWER PLANTS
- WIND ENERGY
- ENERGY FROM BIO-MASS
- REFRIGERATION & AIR-CONDITIONING
- AIR REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
- VAPOUR COMPRESSION REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
- VAPOUR ABSORPTION SYSTEM
- REFRIGERATION COMPONENTS, CONTROL, AND SAFETY DEVICES
- APPLICATION OF REFRIGERATION
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER -I
- POWER PLANT ENGINEERING
- Conventional sources of Energy – Fossil fuels, Hydroelectric and nuclear,
- Thermal Power Station:
- Hydro-electric Power Stations:
- Nuclear Power Plants:
- Diesel Power Plant & Gas-turbine Plants:
- The elementary idea about Major Electrical Equipment used in Power Stations:
- Combined working of power plants
- Control of Active and Re-active power-Load-frequency control Performance of
- power_stations and Economic considerations:
- ELECTRICAL DESIGN & ESTIMATING
- Design and Specification:
- Design of an electrical installation of machines in a workshop (Maximum 4 machines)
- [out of 4 machines at least 1 no. should be of 1-phase]
- 1.E. rules related to Power Sub-circuit.
- Design of Electrical Machine:
- Design of a 3-phase transformer up to 200 KVA: – Estimation of a small residential complex. Estimation of lighting scheme of a large Auditorium and Public Health Centre, Estimation of electrical installation of machines (not more than four) in a workshop Estimation for giving 3-phase O.H. service connections to a residential building.
- ELECTRICAL MACHINES
- GENERAL INTRODUCTION OF ROTATING MACHINE
- D.C Machines:
- D.C. Generator
- D.C. Motors:
- 1-phase Transformers:
- Principles of 1-phase Autotransformer
- Three-phase transformer
- 3-Phase Induction Motor
- Synchronous Motor:
- Fractional H.P. Motors:
- TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION OF POWER
- Transmission System
- Constructional Features of Transmission & Distribution Lines
- Mechanical Features of Overhead lines
- Spacing of conductors, length of span, Relevant I.E. Rules
- Electrical features of Overhead lines
- Power Factor Improvement
- Using Static condenser and Synchronous condenser related problems
- Distribution System
- Extra High Voltage DC System of Transmission
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
- BASIC ELECTRONICS
- Duration of Examination-3 Hours
- Passive & Active Circuit Elements
- Familiarity with the following components:- RESISTORS, FUSES, CAPACITORS,
- Voltage source and current source
- AC and DC signals, Transformer
- RELAYS, SWITCHES, CABLES, AND CONNECTORS
- ZENER DIODE
- BIPOLAR TRANSISTOR
- FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTOR
- UNIJUNCTION TRANSISTOR
- INTEGRATED CIRCUITS
- ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENT & MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
- Definition & brief explanations of:
- Range, sensitivity, true & indicated value, Errors (including limiting errors),
- Resolutions, Accuracy, Precision, and instrument efficiency.
- Classification of instruments:
- Basic Requirements for measurements:
- Different types of instruments:
- Voltmeter, ammeter, multimeter, energy-meter. Multi-range ammeter and voltmeter
- Methods of measuring diff. Electrical quantities
- 1-phase Induction type energy meter.
- Errors adjustments
- Phantom loading
- Testing of energy meters.
- Classifications of resistances
- Description of Meggar.
- Measurement of capacitance:
- Magnetic measurements:
- Instrument Transformers:
- PT or VT
- Diff. Types of faults
- CIRCUIT THEORY
- NETWORKS & A.C. FUNDAMENTALS
- Single-phase A.C Circuits:
- R-L-C Series Circuit:
- Parallel Circuit:
- RESONANCE & SELECTIVITY
- SERIES RESONANCE PARALLEL RESONANCE: PARALLEL RESONANCE:
- TRANSIENTS (FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ONLY)
- Steady State & Transient Response.
- POLYPHASE CIRCUITS:
- COUPLED CIRCUITS:
- LAPLACE TRANSFORMATIONS:
- LAPLACE TRANSFORMATIONS
- ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENT & CONTROL
- Measurement of Power/Energy & Industrial Metering:
- Digital energy-meter
- Operation & Utility of Tri-vector meter.
- Digital frequency meter
- (i) Mech. Resonance type (ii) Electrical resonance type Frequency meter Power
- Phase-sequence meter
- Digital Multimeter
- C.R.O.-block diagram representation & operation, applications
- Use of dual trace oscilloscope.
- Function generator
- Frequency Counter-
- Elements of Servomechanism:
- Super Motor-
Measurement of Non-electrical quantities: Study of the following transducers:
- Piezo-electric crystal.
- Strain gauge.
- Proximity switch.
- Tachogenerator (a.c.& d.c.) Capacitive transducers
- Seismic transducers.
- CONTROL SYSTEM:
- Brief descriptions with physical examples (along with schematic diagram) of:
- On-off controller.
- Proportional controller.
- Proportional plus derivative controller.
- P+I controller.
- P+D+I controller.
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, AND TESTING
- General guidelines for Installation:
- Loading & unloading of heavy electrical m/c:
- Electrical Installation requirements:
- Earthing Installation:
- The general requirement of electric installation according to I.E. Rules: Motor generator set
- for battery charging and to supply various loads.
- Synchronization of two alternators. Maintenance of electrical installations
- Repair & maintenance with a maintenance Schedule of
- D.C. machine
- Induction motor
- Switchgear & Substation:
- A brief account of maintenance of contractors
- Storage Batteries
- OH lines and Cables
- Electric Safety Regulations
Selection will be based on Prelims, Mains Examination and Interview.
The Date and Time for this Examination will be announced soon.
Candidates can download TPSC JE Syllabus 2023 from our website.