Union Cabinet approves 3 labour code changes. The Union cabinet approved amendments to the labour codes. The Three codes include social security, industrial relations, and occupational safety and health (OSH) out of four codes that was proposed in the Industrial Relations Code, 2019 bill.
The codes – to be moved in the forthcoming monsoon session of Parliament – will allow states to introduce significant changes to their labour laws framework, such as rules for retrenchment, through notifications.
These changes will help states such as Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh push through labour law reforms they introduced recently, including allowing businesses to extend shift hours to 12 hours from eight.
Earlier, The Ministry of Labour & Employment finalised two labour codes, which offer state governments the flexibility while hiring, retrenching and fixing working hours in factories and establishments while imposing curbs on workers to form unions.
Key Points on Industrial Relations Code, 2019:
- The Industrial Relations Code, 2019 bill recognises trade unions.
- The bill seeks to replace three labour laws namely, the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947; the Trade Unions Act, 1926; and the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946.
- The codes will define areas and conditions in which fixed-term employment can be allowed.
- It seeks to provide pension and medical benefits to gig workers.
1) Who is the Minister of State for Labour & Employment? – Santosh Kumar Gangwar
2) Recently, Union Cabinet approved which programme that was designed to lay foundations for capacity building of civil servants? – Mission Karmayogi
3) The Mission Karmayogi scheme involve an outlay of how many crores over a five year period? –Rs.510 crore
4) Recently, Which three public sector Units gets cabinet approval for Capital Infusion – OICL,UIICL & NICL
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|