Union Defence Minister released New DRDO Procurement Manual 2020 – Key Highlights. Union Minister for Defence, Shri Rajnath Singh released New DRDO Procurement Manual 2020. The minister unveiled this with an aim to boost Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to do Research and Development.
- Under this manual, the threshold limit for advance payment has been increased.
- At the same time, the performance security and bid security up to Rs 10 lakhs has been exempted.
- The manual has been introduced in order to conceal the price discovery of market forces.
- Earlier revision of the procurement manual of DRDO was done in 2016.
About DRDO Procurement Manual:
- The new DRDO Procurement Manual 2020 will facilitate the indigenous defence industry by simplifying the processes and ensure their participation in design and development activities.
- The manual would also increase the participation of private industries and start ups in the defence sector which are in sync with the MSME enterprises.
About Defence Ministry:
- Union Minister: Raj Nath Singh
- Minister of State: Shripad Yesso Naik
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Recently which country held Defence Cooperation Expo under Make in India with India? – Kazakhstan
- What is the Constituency of Defence Minister Raj Nath Singh? – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- The First Defence Procurement Procedure was promulgated in – 2002
- Who launched Life Insurance Scheme for More than 10000 Cantonment Employees? – Rajnath Singh
- Name the military war game centre set up by India for Uhandan Defence forces in Jinja: INDIA
- Recently DRDO test fired Prithvi II Missile. What is the Range of that Missile? – 250 km
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|