University Final Year Exams 2020 SOPs Released. The University Grants Commission (UGC) vide letter dated 6th July, 2020 has issued ‘UGC Revised Guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar for the Universities in view of COVID-19 Pandemic’. As per the letter the Universities have been asked to complete the conduct of Terminal Semester(s)/ Final Year examinations by the end of 30th September, 2020.
the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India vide Office Memorandum F.No.16-16/2020-UIA, dated 6th July, 2020 has issued instructions for conduct of examinations wherein the MHRD has formulated detailed SOP for conduct of examinations with measures to be taken in view of COVID-19 situation, duly vetted by the Ministry of Health and Family welfare. A copy of the above mentioned Office Memorandum along with detailed SOP for Conduct of Examinations (Annexure-I) and UGC Revised Guidelines (Annexure-II) are enclosed for necessary action.
Standard Operating Procedure:
- As per the newly released SOP, admit/identity cards issued to the students should be treated as a pass for the movement of students. The state government should issue instructions to all local authorities to issue movement passes to invigilators and all personnel engaged in the conduct of the exam.
- The examination hall should be sprayed with disinfectant including floor, walls, gates, doors etc. Sanitizer bottles along with liquid handwash should be arranged at the entry gate, exam room, staff/observer room etc.
- Thermal checking will be done at the staff entrance point. Fresh masks and gloves should be used by exam functionaries after staff verification is completed.
- The seating area of candidates should be thoroughly sanitized after every session. Even washrooms should also be cleaned an disinfected.
- Staff will have to fill self-declaration form about their health status before entering the exam area. If any functionary fails to meet the self-declaration criteria or thermo gun check, he/she will be asked to leave the exam center immediately.