UPSC ISS Exam 2020 – Check Notification, Application Process, Eligibility Criteria and Apply Online Details. Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for the Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020. Eligible and Interested candidates can know the notification details in our blog and apply through online. Online Applications are invited up to 30.06.2020 for this recruitment. Apply Online link is given in this page for your convenience. Stay Active with us for further updates!!
UPSC ISS Exam 2020
Name of the Board
|Union Public Service Commission|
Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020
Last Date to Apply
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled through the Indian Statistical Service Examination is 47
Note: 01 vacancy has been kept reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of Blindness or Low Vision
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2020 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 1999.
Scheme of Examination:
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan—
- Part I-Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the subjects as shown below.
- Part II-Viva voce of such candidates as may be called by the Commission carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
The subjects of the written examination under Part-I, the maximum marks allotted to each subject/paper and the time allowed shall be as
|Subject||Maximum Mark||Time Allowed|
|General Studies||100||3 Hrs|
|Statistics-II (Objective)||200||2 Hrs|
Last Date for Submission and Withdrawal of Applications:
- The Online Applications can be filled up to 30th June, 2020 till 18.00 Hours.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 07.07.2020 to 13.07.2020 till 6.00 PM.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https//www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/ Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/ her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in AppendixII(B) of this Examination Notice.
Instructions to the Candidates for Filling Online Applications:
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Salient features of the system of Online Application Form are given hereunder: Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menus.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- Rupees Two Hundred only) [excepting SC/ST/Female/Persons with Benchmark Disability candidates who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of State Bank of India by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
- Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB in size for the photograph and signature.
- The candidate should have details of one Photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card /PAN Card / Passport/ Driving License / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. This photo ID will be used for all future references and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination.
- The Online applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 10th June, 2020 to 30th June, 2020 till 18:00 Hrs. Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances, any applicant submits multiple applications then he/she must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects. In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-Mail IDs as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their emails at regular intervals and ensure that the email addresses ending with @ nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder. Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of Online Applications.
- Moreover, the Commission has introduced provision of withdrawal of application for the candidate, who does not want to appear at the Examination, he/she may withdraw his/her application
Apply Online Available Soon