Vodafone Idea launches a new brand Vi, recharge plans remain unchanged. Telecom giant Vodafone Idea has been rebranded in India as Vi. This rebranding cab is a part of the company’s efforts to reduce the cost of maintaining two brands. Followed by the New Brand Announcement The company said that it will be known as Vi (pronounced as We) and not Vodafone Idea. It’s the final step in the biggest integration of two telecom brands, top executives said.
Ravinder Takkar, MD & CEO, Vodafone Idea Limited said, “Vodafone Idea came together as a merged entity two years ago. We have, since then focus on integrating two large networks, our people and processes. And today I am delighted to present Vi, a brand that will bring important meaning to the lives of our customers”.
He further added that, “Indians are optimistic and want to get ahead in life. They would love a credible partner to help them on this journey. Vi’s positioning is built around this promise and will focus on meeting the customer needs to help them thrive”.
Both companies continued with their independent branding and advertising campaigns, even after their merger in August 2018.
Vodafone Idea is owned by Vodafone plc and the Aditya Birla group. Vodafone has a 44.39 per cent shareholding in the JV while the Aditya Birla Group holds 27.66 per cent. The two partners have equal control in the board.
About Vodafone Idea:
- Founder: Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Founded: 31 August 2018
- Headquarters: Gandhinagar
- Parent organizations: Vodafone Group Plc, Aditya Birla Group
Expected Questions for Completive Exams:
1) Which Telecom Venture has designed and developed from scratch, a complete indigenous 5G solution ready for deployment – Reliance Jio
2) Which Indian telecom service provider recently got approval from the telecom department to raise the FDI limit to 100%? – Bharti Airtel
3) Who is the Union Minister for Communications – Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Vodafone India merged with Idea Cellular in which year- 2018
5) Headquarters of Vodafone Located at – Berkshire, United Kingdom
6) Headquarters of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) – New Delhi
7) Dept of Telecommunications comes under which ministry- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|