West Bengal govt wins WSIS award 2020 for its Sabuj Sathi scheme in WSIS Price Contest. After Kanyashree scheme, another West Bengal government project has received a global prize. The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) on Monday handed over the winner prize 2020 to the state government for Sabuj Sathi project through a virtual ceremony.
Sabuj Sathi scheme:
The Project Started in 2015, bicycles are given to students of state-run, state-sponsored, aided schools and madrasas studying between classes 9 and 12 in a bid to reduce the issue of dropping out of school, especially in rural Bengal and also to ensure they continue school education till at least class 12.
According to the state government, it has so far distributed cycles among 85 lakh students at an estimated cost of over Rs 2,700 crore.
About West Bengal:
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
1) Kanyashree is an initiative taken by the Government of West Bengal to improve the life and the status of the girls by helping economically backward families. The Scheme was established in which year? – 2013
2) Which award did WB Govt win for Kanyashree scheme in 2017? – United Nations Public Service award
3) Name the scheme has been launched by WB Govt to Provide Soft Loans, Subsidies to Youth? – Karma Sathi Prakalpa
4) Which scheme has been launched by west Bengal government to provide support for the migrant workers? – Sneher Porosh
5) Recently, which port trust of West Bengal was renamed as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Trust? – Kolkata Port Trust
6) Matla Abhiyaan, a coastal security exercise was conducted in which state? – Kolkata, West Bengal
7) Amazon India partnered with Eastern Railways to set up kiosk at Sealdah railway station in which city? – Kolkata
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|