World Standards Day is observed on 14 October. Every year World Standard Day is observed on 14 October. The Objective of this day is to raise awareness about the importance of standardisation to the global economy among the consumers, regulators and industry.
- World Standards Day 2020 theme is “Protecting the planet with standards”.
The day raises awareness about the importance of standardization to the global economy among the consumers, regulators, and industry. It was first observed in 1970.
14 October was specifically chosen to mark the date, in 1946, when diplomats from 25 countries first gathered in London and decided to create an international organization focused on facilitating standardization.
Even though ISO was formed one year later, it wasn’t until 1970 that the first World Standards Day was celebrated.
- World Standards Day first observed on – 1970
- What is theme of World Standards Day 2020? – Protecting the planet with standards
- World Standards Day is organized by – International Electro Technical Commission (IEC), ISO & ITU
- International Day for Disaster Reduction is celebrated on – October 13
- Headquarters of International Electro Technical Commission located on – Geneva, Switzerland
- National Philately Day is celebrated on – October 13
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|