World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is being observed on September 10. Every Year September 10 is observed as World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD). This day was first observed in 2003 by the collaboration of the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP), World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH).
This day is observed internationally to encourage people to join in the event together to spread awareness about suicide prevention.
- To provide commitment and action to prevent suicide all over the world through various activities.
World Suicide Prevention Day Theme 2020 is “working together to prevent suicide”. This theme aims to make suicide prevention more effective globally.
IASP was established in 1960 by the late Professor Erwin Ringel and Dr. Norman Faberlow in Vienna. Now, it consists of professionals and volunteers from 77 countries. It is a Non-Governmental Organisation which is concerned with suicide prevention.
- Founded – 1948
- Founder – Erwin Ringel
- Founded: 1960
1) World Suicide Prevention Day first celebrated on which year? – 2003
2) What is the theme of World Suicide Prevention Day 2020? – working together to prevent suicide
3) World First Aid Day is observed on which date? – September 14
4) Every year April 7 is celebrated as which day? – World Health Day
5) World Day for Safety and Health at Work observed on which date? – April 28
6) World Mental Health Day is observed on which date? – October 10
7) International Day of Peace is celebrated on which date? –September 21
8) What is the theme of International Day of Peace? – Shaping Peace Together
|For Online Test Series||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp ||Click Here|
|To Subscribe Youtube||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Facebook||Click Here|