OPSC Junior Assistant Syllabus PDF: The Odisha Public Service Commission has decided to conduct the Written Test and Skill Test for the post of Junior Assistant (Advt. No. 13 of 2023-24). Applied Candidates are advised to refer this article to know the Exam Pattern, Syllabus & Place of Written Examination.
OPSC Junior Assistant Syllabus 2023
|Name of the Board||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Junior Assistant|
|No of Vacancy||33|
|Exam Date||Announced Soon|
OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Centre 2023:
- The written examination will be held at Cuttack. It may also be held at Bhubaneswar/ Balasore Berhampur and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zones.
- The candidates are to mention their choice of examination zone at an appropriate place in the online application form.
OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Pattern 2023:
- The standard of examination shall be equivalent to that of Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who will qualify the written test shall be called for the practical skill test.
- The practical skill test shall be of qualifying nature.
|Paper-I||Language Test (English & Odia)||100||2 hours|
|Paper-II||General Knowledge (Objective)||100||1 hour|
|Paper-III||Mathematics (Objective)||100||3 hours|
|Basic Computer Skills (Objective)||100|
|PRACTICAL SKILL TEST|
|Basic Computer Skills||50||1 hour|
There will be negative marking in Paper-II & III (objective type) for wrong answers i.e. @25% of the allotted mark to a particular question.
OPSC Junior Assistant Syllabus 2023:
- Language Test (English & Odia)
- English Language Test
- Verbs: Tenses, Modal, Active and Passive voice, Subject-verb concord, non-finite verb forms (infinitives and particulars).
- Sentence Structure: Connectors, Types of Sentences, Types of Phrases and Clause, Direct & Indirect speech, Comparison.
- Other Areas: Determiners, Pronouns, Prepositions.
- Unseen passage (400-450 words in length) with a variety of comprehension questions including vocabulary.
- Essay writing on familiar topics (within 250 words).
- Letter Writing (Personal letter, applications, Business, and Official) (within 150 words).
Odia Language Test
- Transformation of sentences (Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative, Exclamatory, Simple, Compound, Complex).
- Transformation of words (noun to adjective and adjective to noun).
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Correction of common errors in words
- Idioms and Phrases
- Taddhita and Krudanta
- Punctuation marks.
- Essay writing on familiar topics and personality (within 250 words)
- Letter Writing (Personal letter, applications, Business and Official) (within 150 words).
- Translation (One English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia.
Comprehension of an unseen passage:
Five short questions to be asked.
In this category there should be a series of questions of different categories like:-
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities, and places.
- Geographical facts with places.
- States, Countries, and Institutions with headquarters.
- Books and authors.
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses.
- Current events with places and personalities, and
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
- Fractions and Decimals
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest,
- Rates and Taxes, Insurance,
- Profit, Loss, and Discount,
- Problems on Time and Work,
- Problems on Time and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
Basic Computer Skills
- MS Windows: Introduction of Windows
- MS Office: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel & MS Access.
- Practical Skill Test: Topics for practical test
- WINDOWS operating system.
To test some of the following basic system operations on file/ folder(s):
- Create, Rename, Copy/ Cut/ Paste, Delete.
- Using Clipboard.
A paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- Editing and Formatting test and paragraph.
- Page and Paragraph Setup.
- Inserting pictures and Word Art.
A PowerPoint presentation with 2/ 3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- Editing and formatting slides.
A problem in the spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination:
- Formatting Cells and data.
- Functions & Formulae (Relative, absolute and Mixed reference).
A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination:
- Creating and entering data into a database.
- Setting the primary key.
OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Date will be announced soon.
Selection will be based on Written Test, Skill Test and Interview.
Candidates can download OPSC Junior Assistant Syllabus 2023 from our website.