Daily Current Affairs 5th February 2023
India’s first supplier of Parts for Nuclear Turbines- Azad Engineering Private Limited
- Azad Engineering Private Limited, a Hyderabad-based market leader in engineering, has been approved as the first Indian company to supply critical rotating parts for nuclear turbines.
- Azad Engineering has signed a long-term supply agreement with General Electric (GE) Steam Power for the supply of nuclear turbine parts.
Digital India mobile van has been introduced
- The first meeting of the G20 Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG) will be held from February 13 to 15, 2023.
- With respect to this, a Digital India Mobile Van has been introduced, which will tour various other cities in the country, enlightening citizens about G20 DEWG and Digital India’s key initiatives.
- The van was sent off from New Delhi to Lucknow where it will be launched by the Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh, Shri Yogi Adityanath.
G20 International Seminar on ‘Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage” conducted by NTPC
- Under India’s presidency, 1st Energy Transitions Working Group (ETWG) Meeting is scheduled to be held from 5th February to 7th February 2023.
- In this meeting NTPC, India’s largest integrated power utility, will conduct the event in the form of an International Seminar on Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage (CCUS) on 5th February 2023 at Taj Westend, Bangalore.
- The seminar will focus on underlining the importance of CCUS for achieving “clean energy transition” and subsequently moving towards Net Zero.
World’s most popular leader list 2023
- US-based agency, published a list of world’s most popular leaders, based on data collected between January 26-31, 2023.
- In that list Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 78 percent,followed by US President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak,and French President Emmanuel Macron.
‘Mero Rukh Mero Santati’ programme launched in Sikkim
- Chief Minister Shri Prem Singh Tamang has launched an initiative called ‘Mero Rukh Mero Santati’ (Plant a Tree, Leave a Legacy) at Manan Kendra in Gangtok under which 100 trees will be planted for every child born in the state.
- This initiative aims to strengthen and reinforce the connection between parents, children, and nature by planting trees to commemorate child birth while catering to the commitment of the State toward the conservation of the environment.
36th Surajkund International Crafts Mela held at Haryana
- 36th International Surajkund Crafts Mela 2023 to be organized from 03 to 19 February, 2023 at Faridabad, Haryana. This year Eight North Eastern States are the Theme State of the Mela.
- The pavilion would include a permanent structure comprising elements from all States of the NER, fashion show extravaganzas, stalls of artisans, and cultural performance apart from several other activities showcasing rich culture of the NER and highlighting progress and development in the region.
List of states buying EVs through FAME scheme
- The top five states collectively account for over 56 per cent of the 0.85 million electric vehicles bought through the scheme, according to government data and span two wheelers, three wheelers, e-rickshaws, and four wheelers.
- Maharashtra tops the list in sales of electric vehicles across all segments which have availed of the FAME II subsidy, followed by Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- FAME India Scheme is an incentive scheme to promote the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles, FAME India Scheme was launched by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- FAME stands for “Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles in India”.
MV Ganga Vihar floating restaurant inaugurated in Bihar
- Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Prasad Yadav inaugurated the MV Ganga Vihar floating restaurant in Bihar; and it’s operated by the Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation (BSTDC).
- The tourism department has come up with great projects for Patna and Bihar. They decided to take the initiative to renovate the ship to generate more revenue and give better facilities to the people.
Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of IFFCO’s 5th unit of Nano fertilizer plant in Deoghar,Odisha
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of IFFCO’s fifth unit of Nano Urea (Liquid) fertilizer in Deoghar, Odisha.
- The fertilizer plant will produce six crore nano urea bottles annually. It will supply fertilizers to farmers of Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha. And this fertilizer plant will boost the economy of the local residents and provide more job opportunities.
- IFFCO – Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative
Union minister launches ‘Save Wetlands Campaign’ in Goa
- The Union minister launched the Save Wetlands Campaign’ and this campaign is structured on a “whole of society” approach for wetlands conservation, enabling affirmative action’s for wetlands conservation at all levels of the society and involving all strata of the society.
- This campaign over next one year will include sensitizing people of the value of wetlands, increasing the coverage of wetland mitras and building citizen partnerships for wetlands conservation.
- Two publications named as ‘India’s 75 Amrit Dharohar- India’s Ramsar Sites Factbook’ and ‘Managing Climate Risks in Wetlands – A Practitioner’s Guide were also released during the event.
1200 years old were found in Nalanda district, Bihar
- Two stone idols believed to be about 1200 years old were found from a waterbody close to the ancient Nalanda University during desilting of a pond.
- The idols were found from Tarsinh pond at Sarlichak village near the ancient Nalanda Mahavihara.
NTPC Limited received the ‘ATD Best Awards 2023’
- The ATD Best Awards recognizes organizations that demonstrate enterprise through talent development. NTPC Limited, the country’s largest power generating company has been honored with ‘ATD Best Awards 2023’ by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), USA.
- NTPC has been successful in creating an ecosystem, which empowers employees to enhance their skill sets, this is the sixth time that NTPC Limited has won this award for demonstrating enterprise success in the field of talent development.
World Boxing ranking list released
- The International Boxing Association (IBA) has released the ranking list of countries in boxing.
- In that list
|4||United States Of America (USA)||34950|
3rd edition of Khelo India Winter Games
- 3rd edition of Khelo India Winter Games is scheduled to be held from the 10th to the 14th February 2023 is being organized by the Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council as well as the Winter Games Association of Jammu and Kashmir, For this union minister Anurag Singh Thakur launches mascot, theme song and jersey for games.
- Around 1500 athletes from across the country will take part in the games. The 1st edition of the Khelo India Winter Games took place in 2020.
Popular playback singer Vani Jayaram passed away
- Popular playback singer Vani Jayaram passed away at her residence in Nungambakkam, Chennai on February 4, 2023. She is now 78 years old.
- On the occasion of the recently held Republic Day, Vani Jayaram was announced with the Padma Bhushan Award for the year 2023 for arts. It is also worth noting that she has won the National Award for Best Playback Singer three times.
International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2023
- ‘International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation’, established by the United Nations General Assembly in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development on 6 February 2023 marks the 12th anniversary.
- The theme of the day is “Partnership with Men and Boys to Transform Social and Gender Norms to End Female Genital Mutilation”